Overnight Apple Pie Oatmeal (EatRight Ontario)
To take this breakfast on the run, pack it into portable containers or jars so kids can grab it and go.
3/4 cup (175 mL) plain 1% yogurt
1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
1 tsp (5 mL) pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
1 apple, cored and finely diced
1/2 cup (125 mL) large flake oats
- In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon.
2. Stir in apple and oats until well combined.
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Instead of dicing the apple you can grate the apple for less chunky oatmeal.
2. For a sweeter tasting oatmeal, use empire, royal gala or red delicious apples.
3. To add a nutty flavour to your oatmeal, simply toast the oats in a dry nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring often